Posted by andreasw on Oct 27, 2010 at 12:18 am
1. Myth: Business ethics is more a matter of religion than management.
2. Myth: Our employees are ethical so we don’t need attention to business ethics.
3. Myth: Business ethics is a discipline best led by philosophers, academics and theologians.
4. Myth: Business ethics is superfluous — it only asserts the obvious: “do good!”
5. Myth: Business ethics is a matter of the good guys preaching to the bad guys.
6. Myth: Business ethics in the new policeperson on the block.
7. Myth: Ethics can’t be managed.
8. Myth: Business ethics and social responsibility are the same thing.
9. Myth: Our organization is not in trouble with the law, so we’re ethical.
10. Myth: Managing ethics in the workplace has little practical relevance.
Do you agree with these? What myth do you find is out there with regards to business ethics?